Who we are
The African-American Alumni Chapter of The University of Texas at Arlington is comprised of a wide range of professionals who have completed either their undergraduate or graduate degree at The University of Texas at Arlington.
The purpose and development of the UT Arlington African-American Alumni Chapter is to strengthen the relationships, communication and community support among all African-American alumni within the University community.
Our mission is twofold: First, to provide networking and mentoring services to anyone with African/African American decent within the University community (undergraduates, graduates, alumni, employees). Secondly, to establish collaborative relationships with African-American communities that surrounds UT Arlington’s campus, and enhances overall growth and development efforts.
The African-American Alumni Chapter is guided by common principles of Strength & Unity. To that end, we will accomplish the following goals in order to succeed in our mission:
- Identify members for the UT Arlington African-American Alumni Chapter, and enlist their support for the mission mentioned above.
- Provide professional, cultural, academic, moral and social support to African-American undergraduates and graduates of The University of Texas at Arlington.
- Assist in the admissions process for prospective African-American students who are considering attending The University of Texas at Arlington.
- Provide support and leadership, on issues and events, which affect African Americans within and outside the University community.
- Work successfully with UT Arlington administration and various departments in supporting the organization’s mission.
- Foster partnerships between the African-American Alumni Chapter and other organizations.
- Raise funds needed to accomplish the mission and goals of the UT Arlington African-American Alumni Chapter.
The outcomes of the African-American Alumni Chapter activities are focused on increasing the quality of educational life for the UT Arlington African-American student population and reaching out to increasing numbers of alumni who are willing to share their time and experiences, professionally and personally, that will add to the greater good of the organization.